Supply: Manhattan Gold & Silver
Once we evaluation the infographic above, it’s clear to see that though gold and valuable metals might come in numerous varieties, all of them nonetheless face critical limitations. Tokenization of those belongings manifests an advantageous funding automobile that comes with out the duty of holding the precise bodily metals.
Aurus provides a number of distinct tokens
Whereas gold is usually the primary focus of valuable metals buyers, silver and platinum are additionally outstanding. Aurus has launched a number of kinds of tokens to satisfy the calls for of those buyers. At the moment they provide three tokens which are backed by these commodities, in addition to one token that represents the general ecosystem and community that they’ve created. All of those are Ethereum erc20 tokens, transferable on each the Ethereum and Polygon blockchains.
Aurus is an organization that exists within the rising decentralized finance (DeFi) area. As such, the AWX token has an necessary position within the ecosystem that Aurus has created. Not solely does it reward holders with transaction charges from the sale of Aurus’ different tokens, however additionally it is used for voting and governance functions. AWX is traded on the open market, and it’s restricted to the 30,000,000 created tokens that at the moment exist.
The AWG token represents digital gold. These tokens are minted as digital representations of actual gold in storage.
The AWS token represents digital silver in the identical manner.
The AWP token represents digital platinum. AWP will not be but listed on the general public market however is deliberate for someday later in 2022.
Moreover, every AWG, AWS, and AWP token are all backed by one gram of their respective commodity. This additionally signifies that the worth of those tokens fluctuates in tune with the dear metals market. As well as, every token is, actually, redeemable for one gram of the bodily steel it represents.
As they’re cryptocurrencies, these tokens are additionally divisible to the smallest fraction of a token. Whereas most gold sellers will solely assist you to buy full gold bars or cash, these tokens allow you to purchase no matter quantity you need. That is ideally suited for dollar-cost-averaging over time.
How does Aurus work?
Aurus has constructed a considerable multinational community of valuable metals firms. From the start, Aurus understood that they might have extra success working along with these companies, as a substitute of competing in opposition to them. On this symbiotic relationship, they convey the crypto infrastructure and community essential to tokenize their gold, silver, and platinum reserves.
To incentivize participation on this system, Aurus provides these firms part of a profitable revenue-sharing program. Suppliers of those valuable metals obtain a share of the charges generated from using their AWG, AWS, and AWP tokens.
50% of all charges generated from this token go to AWX token holders, the remaining 50% is cut up evenly between the gold supplier and vault storage supplier.
AWS / AWP:
30% of all charges generated from these tokens go to AWX token holders, the remaining 70% is cut up evenly between the asset supplier and vault storage supplier.